Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in ‘Comments to the Editor’).
- The submission file is anonymous (please anonymize file properties too).
- The submission is sent both in .docx (Microsoft Word or equivalent) and PDF.
- If submitting an article, or review article, the text includes an anonymous abstract in English and 3-4 keywords, as specified in ‘Guidelines for Authors’.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in ‘Studi e Saggi Linguistici Style Sheet’. Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- Should the submission be approved and published, the Author acknowledges that his/her article will be publicly available under Creative Commons license two years after publication.
- No payment will be rewarded for his/her article, and any possible income that may derive from his/her article will be retained to meet publishing costs and to improve the functioning of the journal.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics for highlighting purposes (underlining is reserved for URL addresses only); all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
Contributions should be in the Italian language, in the English language, or in another European language widely spoken. In submitting their paper, authors are required to conform entirely to the Studi e Saggi Linguistici style sheet. Articles and review articles must include an anonymous abstract in English (15 lines, or 1.000 characters, including spaces) and 3 or 4 keywords reflecting the theoretical background and the content of the paper. Submitted articles will first be subject to the advisory board evaluation, then eventually be sent to at least two qualified reviewers for a double-blind peer-review.
Days to decision (2-years mean): 140 days.
Acceptance rate (2-years mean): 64%
Articles and submissions processing charges (APC)
This journal does not charge Article Processing Charges (APC) and Article Submission Charges (ASC). Should any charge be requested to you, please immediately alert the Publisher.
Deposit and Self-archiving policies
– Authors are allowed to upload the submitted version of their accepted papers immediately after publication on limited-access institutional repositories or archives. Authors ought to include publication references (journal title, volume, issue, and pages, article DOI when available, URL to journal website, or journal issue).
– Six months after publication, authors are allowed to upload their submitted manuscripts in pre-print version – but not the published version – on openly accessible archives or repositories (including personal websites and institutional personal pages and personal profiles on academic social media, etc...). It is highly recommended to include a reference to the published version.
– Five years after publication, the article is released under a CC BY SA 4.0 license and kept on the journal website. All rights revert to the author.
– Authors may purchase early open access and immediately release their published paper (200 EUR fee).